Thursday, June 4, 2009

STUDENT REFLECTION - Cape Argus - Colette Linton

I don't know how to explain how I excited I was when I found out the site of my internship. The Cape Argus Independant newspaper enjoys the largest circulation of newspapers within the city of Cape Town and I was very proud to work there. Each day of work I would start off and head downtown early in the morning with Cameron and Adam. Everyday began with a busy morning where, in the office, the head editor and the rest of the staff reporters proposing topics and recieving assignments. From there journalists rushed off to begin interviews and travel through and across the city to get information for their stories. By the end of the second week I was able to find my own story to investigate. The new plans for the renovation of Greenmarket Sq were announced and the traders that occupied that area were in a hustle and bustle in their attempts to figure out what was to be done with them and their businesses while the construction is, as of now, taking place. The article was in the paper the very next day. During our stay in Cape Town, I was pleased to meet so many interesting people, but most of all I am very appreciative of the support I recieved from the other students on the trip with me. They were the people with whom I was able to explore Cape Towm and were the first audience I had when I returned to the guest house, they were always willing to listen and made this trip most enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment